Boston 2011

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

iWatson

Feb 15th, 2011 - While being aided on my 7 mile progression run by a machine, I listened to "Won't You Be Mine" by GnR from the Terminator 2 soundtrack on my iPad, all the while watching Watson go ape shit on Ken and Brad during round two of the IBM Ass Kicking!

It's fitting that we are witnessing the end of humankind on a show called Jeopardy!

During all of this a serious, but intriguing, thought popped into my relatively pre-historic mind.

What would happen if HAL and the Monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey had cybersex?


+


=


I, for one, welcome our new Jeopardy! playing overlords.

To be honest, if I were IBM, I would have developed and perfected Watson in secret, miniaturize the hell out of it, implant it inside a human player, get that player onto Jeopardy!, and win like a gazillion dollars.

(MUHAHAHAHHAHAHA!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment