Boston 2011

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tale of the Taper - Episode I

This is the period that all runners dread, the taper.

After going all out for the past 3+ months we now have to figure out what we're going to do with this thing called free time. And who's that in my bed? Rachel?

I know what I'm going to do. I'm going to get yelled at by Reno!


And that's how my 14 day taper period started.

I've since gone on and not posted any of my subsequent runs for fear of further pissing off the running god(s).

I'm currently in stealth taper mode where I try not to go stale by only going to Sonic, Burger King, and IHOP only once per day...each.

My freezer is curently stocked with 14 days (coincidence) worth of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Definitely can't let that go to waste.

Here's one more "taper" run that is seeing the light of the Internet for the first time right now:

(I swear it was an easy run, Reno!)

So what else do runners do during the taper period? How about posting marathon day weather reports to piss off other runners:

(The gods are not laughing)

8 days to go. Who else can I piss off?

1 comments:

BadDawg said...

I put down my ice cream to read this? PO'ed.

Post a Comment